I love the flavor and taste of orange chicken, but often just don’t have the time to put the full effort into breading, cooking, and flavoring it. So I’ve devised this simple and quick recipe for busy nights to fill hungry tummies. But go into this with eyes wide open- this is not going to compete with PF Chang’s or any other eatery. This is a simplified recipe to get a delicious dinner on the table without putting in a lot of time or effort, but that means it won’t taste like it took three hours.
2 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 cup orange marmalade/jam/jelly of your choice (I like marmalade because the flavor is stronger)
1/2 cup water
Rice of your choice- we do 2 cups uncooked white rice to make enough rice to go with this dish.
Mixed veggies of your choice- you could do stir fry vegetables, or we usually do regular mixed vegetables that include green beans, peas, corn, and carrots.
- Place bite size chicken chunks on bottom of Instant Pot in a single layer.
- Mix 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1 cup orange marmalade, and water in small bowl. Pour over chicken. Stir well and make sure no chicken is stuck together.
- Set for high pressure on 8 minutes, and allow for natural release.
- Prepare rice and veggies.
- Now, our natural release wasn’t finished 13 minutes after pressure cooking was done, so we quick released the last bit. Once the chicken and and sauce has completed cooking, layer rice, veggies, and chicken in a bowl and serve. Top with sauce chicken cooked in (to thicken, put Instant Pot on saute and add a tablespoon of cornstarch, whisk until smooth and it reaches your desired consistency.), soy sauce, or other topping of your choice.
The orange flavor pops this chicken and rice dish up and is super popular with our entire family.