As a total and complete book nerd, I love books of all kinds, from KidLit to literary fiction to beach reads to short stories to…basically everything but horror, because I’m a big scaredy-cat.
But there’s just something about summer that makes me want to read beachy rom-coms and stories heavy on character development and plot but light on the feelings. It’s comforting, fun, and the writing is often downright delightful.
Here are my top go to books for summer reads, from old favorites to new releases.
You can view this as a shoppable list at Bookshop.org here. Disclosure: I am an affiliate of Bookshop.org. I will earn a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you click through and make a purchase.
- Part of Your World, Abby Jimenez (review)
- Nora Goes off Script, Annabel Monaghan (review)
- The Bright Side of Going Dark, Kelly Harms (review)
- The Good Luck Girls of Shipwreck Lane, Kelly Harms
- The Overdue Life of Amy Byler, Kelly Harms (review)
- When We Believed in Mermaids, Barbara O’Neal
- 500 Miles From You, Jenny Colgan
- Sorry I Missed You, Suzy Krause (review)
- The Garden of Small Beginnings, Abbi Waxman
- The Bookish Life of Nina Hill, Abbi Waxman (review)
- Love Lettering, Kate Clayborn (review)
- Pride, Prejudice, and Other Flavors, Sonali Dev (review)
- I Owe You One, Sophie Kinsella
- Little Beach Street Bakery, Jenny Colgan
- Sari, Not Sari, Sonya Singh (review)
- The High Tide Club, Mary Kay Andrews (review)
- Close Enough to Touch, Colleen Oakley
- The Shark Club, Ann Kidd Taylor (review)
- The Last Anniversary, Lianne Moriarty