Every year, I’m ready for Spring the day after Valentine’s Day. I love winter, and I enjoy it- right up until February 15, when I switch out hearts for bunnies and flowers. This year, the Tennessee weather listened the secret hopes of my spring loving heart, and we’ve had sunny days in the 70s after weeks and weeks of dreary winter rain and cloudy skies. I am loving it, and my Disney preferences reflect it. So whether you’re enjoying this early spring like me, or if you’re further North and still drudging through grey days, give your eyes a break with these beautiful Disney films and it’ll at least be spring in your living room.
Ten Disney Movies That Scream Spring
The Lion King– summer rains, African plains, the most heartbreaking Disney death on record.
- Tangled– Best-Day-Ever! If Rapunzel can walk barefoot throughout the entire kingdom, it’s a place I want to be.
- Enchanted– No lie, Giselle is living my best life. I don’t want to battle an evil queen, but a princess has to do what a princess has to do! And that includes singing and dancing through Central Park in floral dresses in perfect spring weather. Bonus- Amy Adams!
- The Little Mermaid– Seashell bra under the sea means warm climates to me! I dream of beaches this time of year, and Ariel helps.
- Moana- Why yes, I would like to set sail with a sarcastic demigod, a gorgeous future chief, and a not-so-smart chicken. Wouldn’t you?!
- Winnie the Pooh– his animated world is so beautiful, and green. I sure do love that silly old bear.
- Disney Short Films– Okay, so skip Little Match Girl or you’ll cry for days and it will feel like the longest winter ever. But John Henry, Paperman, Frozen Fever, and John Henry are all spring time beautiful.
- The Princess and the Frog– New Orleans, frogs, swamps, and spring rain.
- Pocahontas- Running through golden fields, canoeing down rivers. Sigh.
- Hercules- Oh Greece, I love you. Blooming trees, sunny days, bare shoulders. Love it all.
What are your favorite springtime Disney movies?